Back to my blog after a long break away in not-so-sunny Mumbai!
My last month has been a month of festivities and sweet treats. The Hindu festival of Ganesh Chaturthi started last week – it is celebrated over 10 days and is dedicated to Ganesha.
Here’s the recipe for a special sweet we made as an offering to Lord Ganesha.
1 cup khoya/mava
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup milk powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Saute the mava, cocoa powder & milk powder over low heat until mixed properly
- Take off the heat
- Stir in the icing sugar & leave to cool down to room temperature.
- Place the mixture into metal modak moulds and press the 2 parts of the mould together. (NOTE: You can shape them with your fingers if you don’t have this mould)
- Place each modak on its base and leave to set at room temperature.
- Enjoy each one while you can – they won’t last very long! 🙂